Friday, April 18, 2008

$$$pig$$$

Andy loves to feed his piggy bank. It all started about 6 or 7 months ago when he started finding change lying around. Naturally being just over 1 year old, the coins went directly to his mouth. So, being the brilliant young mother that I am, I taught him about the piggy. I told him that we feed coins we find to the piggy. After that, he was thrilled to be able to feed his pig. And now, whenever he finds a coin he comes running with it saying, "Piggy! Piggy! Piggy!"

So yesterday when he found a penny and asked for the pig, I figured I'd gather up all the change I could find and keep him occupied for a few minutes. We went to Daddy's desk, collected everything except the quarters (he says they're for parking meters, but I think they're for the snack machine) and took it all to the pig. Andy's already familiar with quarters since he has a stash at his grandparents' house.

He held up a penny and I told him what it was. He repeated "penny." He held up a nickel and we did the same thing.

Finally he held up a dime. I said, "It's a dime".

He said, "Baby quarter."

Makes sense to me.

No comments: