Thursday, May 22, 2008

chocolate milk

Andy's become obsessed with chocolate milk. I wish I'd never given it to him because now he asks for it constantly. I try very hard to make him drink a cup of white milk first, and with meals, but I'm not always 100% successful. After all, I'd rather he get the calcium plus a little chocolate than no calcium at all.

The little stinker's smart about it too. His sippy cups are opaque, but they're transparent on the bottom. So one day when Shawn tried to trick him and poured white milk into the cup instead of chocolate, Andy grabbed it, flipped it upside down, inspected the bottom of the cup, and handed it back to his father, saying, "Chocolate milk!" Now, when we give him a drink, he always checks the bottom of the cup to be sure he's getting what he asked for.

This morning, I gave him his white milk with his pancakes. After a few sips, he said, "Chocolate milk!" and handed me the cup. For a few minutes I stuck to my guns and said, "Andy you have to finish your white milk first." He countered with, "No white milk! No white milk!"

Well, we must have had this argument before, because when I gave up and took the milk to the kitchen to add the chocolate, I heard him say, "Chocolate milk! Chocolate milk! Alright alright ALRIGHT! Alright baby! Hang on!"

Little twerp. Sounded just like me, too.

No comments: