Monday, July 7, 2008

big weekend

It was indeed a big weekend. We took Andy to the cabin at Piedmont Lake for an overnight. He's been before, but he was a one-year-old. This summer he's a two-year-old. And it makes all the difference.

He caught his first fish. (With a little help from Daddy.) This is huge, because Shawn lives to fish and has been waiting to catch a fish with his son since we saw the wiener on the ultrasound screen. Andy also has no fear of the water and, with his life jacket safely on, leaped right off the end of the dock, which is over two feet above the water. It's a big leap.

The cutest part of the weekend was his first kayak ride. Saturday evening I put his life jacket on and plopped him between my legs in my kayak and we went for his very first paddle. Whenever I stopped he said, "Keep paddling!" and pointed out every other boat on the lake. I couldn't see his face but Shawn said he was beaming.

We were just paddling back to the dock when he suddenly exclaimed, "I love boats!"

No comments: