Sunday, November 16, 2008

first soliloquy

Last night we had Davey's going-away dinner. He's just left for New Zealand for 6 months and won't return until April. We are all bummed. Andy adores his uncle and if he were just a bit older would be just heartbroken at his departure, but fortunately toddlers don't really register a lot of these changes in their lives at this early age. I am bummed for him, however.

But last night they played and played. And at the end of the night, Andy was all happy and uttered the following monologue, the longest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth. I've paraphrased just a tad because there were a lot of little toddler noises thrown in and some um's and ah's and maybe one or two other things I couldn't quite make out. But basically he said:

"At Mimi's house and there was a train at and it went up the track and then it crashed into the tv and I bumped my head and I dreamed about bees in my bed. How does that sound?"

We lost it.

No comments: