Saturday, December 6, 2008

direct and to the point

Andy has the stomach flu today, which is horribly gross. Yet he still managed to give me fodder for Qwerty's Blog, even in his somewhat depressed state.

Actually, now that the intestinal pyrotechnics have hopefully subsided, he feels pretty decent. Enough to yank a cat's tail or two, and enough to be antsy at the dinner table. In addition he was entirely un-amused by his plain noodles, sans any buttery or acidic sauce.

He was done playing with them and mashing crackers into the table. I was done, but Shawn wasn't finished eating and we try to encourage him to stay at the table until everybody is done. Of course, he's 2, so that doesn't always happen and we certainly don't force him.

Tonight he was ready to get down and said repeatedly, "I want to get down now, Mommy."

I said, "Honey can you wait until Daddy stops eating?"

He looked at me with an angelic face and said, "Okay Mommy."

The he turned to look at his father and said, "Stop eating Daddy. I want to get down now."

No comments: