Friday, June 12, 2009

every single day

Me: Andy, it's about time for a nap.
Him: NOOOO!
Me: Come on, honey. Nap time.
Him: NOOOOOOOOO!

He tries to run away. I grab the back of his shirt. He screams. SCREAMS and squirms away. He climbs onto the couch. I reach for him. He climbs onto the end table next to my favorite lamp and says,

"If you don't stop chasing me I'm going to hide!"

I reach down and pick him up. He screams, thrashes and yells. I tuck him under my arm like a duffel bag, kicking and shrieking. I carry him up the stairs, kicking and shrieking. I toss (literally) him over the rail of his crib and he lands on his mattress, kicking and shrieking. I close the blinds and turn on the ocean-sounds machine.

Me: Andy, would you like me to tuck you in?

Pouting in the corner: No! I'm mad at you Mommy. I don't like you.
Me: Okay, Andy. Good night.

Him: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait! Mommy you forgot to tuck me in! Mommeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I turn around, come back into the room and approach the crib. He holds out his arms and says, "Mommy, I need a hug and a kiss." I hug him, kiss his teary face and he drops to the mattress. Finally.

I'm serious when I say that this happens every single day lately.

No comments: