Monday, May 25, 2009

nudie

On Friday morning Andy slept until 10am. This hasn't happened in over a year. I tend to enjoy it and get excited and wonder how long he'll actually sleep. Then later I totally regret it because it interferes with his nap. Such was the case on this day.

Shawn was home recovering from his meniscus removal, so I took Andy upstairs and put him in bed at nap time, around 2 or maybe a little thereafter. It was hot so I let him lay down in just his diaper. I came back to the couch and for the next hour we listened to Andy trilling (rolling his tongue) and chatterboxing in his bed. On and on it went. We waited for his energy to expire.

Suddenly at 3pm he started crying. This sometimes happens right before he goes to sleep on these kinds of days. We let him whine and whimper for about 15 minutes and he didn't calm down. Finally I decided to go up and see what the problem was.

When I opened the bedroom door, there was Andy standing up in his crib, completely naked. His diaper was on the other side of the room lying on the floor.

I asked him what had happened to his diaper.

"It came off all by itself, Mommy."

"Oh really? Did the diaper also fly across the room all by itself and land in the corner?"

Tearfully: "Yeah."

I put a new diaper on him and within 5 minutes he was dead asleep.

No comments: