Saturday, November 21, 2009

priorities

This morning Andy woke up an hour earlier than normal, which is always a real joy. I gathered our morning supplies, which include his chocolate milk, my chocolate milk, my coffee and a bowl of powdered sugar mini-donuts. (Hey, shut up. I feel lousy and it's the crack of dawn.) It was a lot to juggle and he didn't offer to help me carry any of it down to the rumpus room (aka basement). So I put his sippy cup in my bathrobe pocket, balanced the donuts on my forearm and had a cup in each hand, one with scalding hot coffee.

I made it all the way to the last step and the bowl with the mini-powedered sugar donuts tipped and the little donuts flew everywhere.

I muttered, "Oh rats..." but Andy was very concerned.

"Be very careful Mommy!"

I said, "Okay, Andy. I'm just picking up your donuts."

"Just be very careful, Mommy! It's very dangerous when you drop my donuts!"

No comments: