Thursday, December 17, 2009

the funniest

On school mornings, 3 days a week, I have a lot to accomplish. I have to get myself ready and Andy ready and breakfasted and out the door with his father. Shawn has a bit of a tendency to sleep in as late as possible, so I've found a way around that. At 7:30 I wake up my son and he generally bounces out of bed. I hug him and send him into our bedroom to wake up his father. Andy opens the door, barges in loudly, and proceeds to take Booba, his little bunny, and whack his father on the butt several times. He then climbs onto the bed and beats Shawn from the other side.

Now, because Shawn never reads my blogs I can reveal this: this is all my doing. Andy didn't think of this Booba-butt-beating thing on his own. I remind him every morning to go in and 'beat Daddy on the butt with Booba until he wakes up'. Shawn thinks it's all Andy's idea so he doesn't mind too much. He thinks it's a cute I-love-Daddy thing. But I always stand in the doorway and laugh myself stupid.

This morning Andy went in and whacked his father a few times on the rump. Then he turned to me in the dim light and said, "Mommy, which side is the butt on?" I told him that Daddy's butt was facing the other way, so he climbed up on the bed and started beating Shawn from the other direction. Then he got under the covers and ooched up next to his father.

When he did this, Shawn started to wake up. He let out a big, manly yawn complete with some icky throat noises.

And Andy said, "Awww, Daddy, you're disgusting!"

No comments: