Wednesday, January 13, 2010

nice try

Andy asked this morning if he could play with his Moon Sand. I said no, not right now. And turned my back on him. And therein lay my mistake.

A few minutes later I realized he had completely defied me and had dumped 2 pounds of Moon Sand out on my shag carpeting and was making the world's biggest mess. I was not happy and spoke sharply to him.

Of course he started to cry and ran upstairs and hid, and I could hear him saying, "Help me Daddy! Help me Daddy!"

When I got the mess cleaned up he came down and said again that he wanted his father. I said, "Andy, if Daddy were here he'd be unhappy with you too."

He said, "You guys are so mean to me! I want to find another family! I'm going to Meme and Pop's house. Maybe they'll be nicer to me!"

If my parents were in town I would have dropped him off myself.

No comments: