Friday, January 8, 2010

he *can* be nice

Just so you don't think my son is all violence and whining and insults....

Last night I was lying in my bed with the stomach flu while my Super Shawn took care of Andy and brought me sips of ginger ale and oyster crackers. (Gold star for Shawn, by the way. He's a keeper, that one.)

After they'd gotten Andy showered I could hear them in Andy's room getting pj's on. Andy was talking to his dad about Booba. And the last thing he said was, "Daddy, Booba thinks you're the bestest daddy in the world!"

And of course, being pregnant and bedridden and flu-ey and emotional, I shed a tear. And then, to make me feel even prouder, he came in and told me I was the the most beautiful mommy in the world. (Nevermind the straggly hair and barf bucket next to me.)

Note to self: Remember this when he's 14.

No comments: