Friday, February 12, 2010

cuteness

I'm having a day of discomfort...I suppose at 20 weeks things are really stretching and growing and all sorts of other inappropriate-for-the-blog things that nobody really needs to know about. But I'm uncomfortable, so I'm lying stretched out in the Lazy Boy trying to find some relief.

Andy, meanwhile, is supremely excited about the impending birth and asks me every single day if the baby is coming out today. And I say no. And he said tonight, "I'm getting tired of waiting!"

It's so sweet it makes my hormonal heart melt.

So as I tried to get comfy in the recliner Andy showed up at my side with a train. First he sang the ABC's to my stomach. Then he put the train on my abdomen and rolled it around. The baby kicked a little bit and Andy got very excited and ran off. A minute later he was back with an armful of trains...at least 7 of them. And he piled them on my tummy so his little brother could share them. Eventually I had to tell him to stop the piling because it was hurting, but because I didn't want to hurt his very-generous feelings I told him that the baby had gone to sleep.

And he said, "Mommy, when the baby wakes up will you tell me so I can bring the trains back for him to play with?"

What a kid.

2 comments:

Baby Birder said...

For all of his orneryness, he sure does have a big heart :)

Baby Birder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.