Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the service is a little slow

At 10am this morning I was upstairs getting ready for a trip to the store. Andy was running around in his pajamas, playing with Nugget, making a good deal of noise. And that, of course, is generally how I keep track of him: this good deal of noise follows him wherever he goes. It's quite useful.

I was applying eyeshadow when I realized that it was suddenly deathly silent. It's never a good sign when the birds stop singing in the woods and it's never a good sign when Andy isn't loud.

I looked around for him upstairs and saw nothing. I went to the top of the stairs and called down, "Andy!"

Downstairs I heard a little voice say, "Yes Mommy?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm in the kitchen."

"What are you doing in the kitchen?" I asked.

"I'm sitting in my chair waiting for my food to arrive."

Apparently nobody told me the kitchen was open for business.

No comments: