Thursday, September 11, 2008

meanie

Andy is sick. He's caught a doozie of a cold, probably from school. In addition, he's getting the last of his molars - the upper 2-year molars - and his mouth is bloody and sore. So you can well imagine his current mood this week.

He was so stuffy today that I gave him some Benadryl to help him sleep during his nap. He had a nice long one but the antihistamine really made it hard for him to wake up, and he was extra grumpy. I didn't hear him wake up until after Shawn was home, and I sent my husband up to retrieve the lad from his bed.

I heard him upstairs crying and I heard him say, "I don't see Mommy! She needs a hug."

They came down the stairs and into the kitchen, and as soon as he saw me, Andy pushed away from his father and said, "Mommy, I need a hug!" As he reached for me, Shawn said, "Squirty, don't I get a hug?"

I said, "Andy, hug your father."

Andy clung to me and said, "I don't like you, Father."

Poor Shawn.

No comments: