Wednesday, September 17, 2008

potty time

We're working on the potty thing. It's slow. I can't push him because it'll backfire in my face. He has to want to sit on the potty himself. Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't.

Every night we put him in the tub and every night he pees in the tub...like fountain shooting up out of the water. He cracks himself up. So now I always strip him down and ask him if he wants to sit on the potty first. Usually he's so excited about the tub that he says no, and I leave him alone.

Last night I got his clothing off and said, "Andy, would you like to sit on the potty?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"I don't want to."

So I took off his diaper and went around the corner to drop his clothing in the hamper. When I came back 2.5 seconds later, there he was, smiling, staring down at the carpet as he peed wildly all over it.

Dang, man.

No comments: