Thursday, January 29, 2009

scarred for life. me, that is.

My parents are out of town and since I live next door to them, I'm babysitting their dogs while they're away. These dogs are a bit of a mixed bag: one of them is incredibly old, one of them urinates on everything, and one of them refuses to poop in the snow.

Andy and I spent an hour at Cabela's this afternoon, for some entertainment. When we returned home we stopped at my parents' house to let the dogs out to pee. While the dogs were out, I went to the sink and started filling up their giant water jug. Andy was milling about and I couldn't see him but I could hear him. After a few minutes he wandered over to where I was and held something up for me to see. I was in the middle of using the spray hose on the sink so it didn't immediately register what he had in his hand.

Until, of course, he said excitedly, "Look Mommy I've got poop!"

And he did have poop. There, in his hand, was a dog poo. I am 100% sure it was the corgi. Anyway, I screamed, "Oh my GOD Andy put it down!!!" out of sheer gut reaction, and he burst into tears and wiped his hand all over his wool coat.

That corgi is dead meat.

No comments: