Tuesday, April 28, 2009

quandary

Andy is enjoying his new pool, but the catch is that he only wants to enjoy it in the buff. So, since it's been so warm, I don't have a problem with stripping him down naked for a swim on the weekends.

But yesterday was Monday. My parents' contractors were back at the house, working on the new kitchen. The mailman was afoot. The lawn guys were doing their thing. Andy didn't so much care but I thought for decency's sake I'd put his bathing suit on. It's so cute...it's blue and red plaid with a crab on one leg.

He stepped into the pool, squatted down, then jumped up and came running over to me, visibly upset. He started whining and crying and I asked him what was wrong.

"I can't swim in my pool, Mommy."

"Why not Andy? What's wrong?"

"I can't sit down in my pool."

"Why not?"

"My bathing suit will get all wet!"

I've created a naked monster.

No comments: