Tuesday, April 28, 2009

whale pool

We've just had a heat wave in April and it's been wonderful. Andy has enjoyed it immensely. It was so hot that we decided to go out and get a new swimming pool. Andy's Meme, my mom, wanted to buy him a new pool as a gift so she gave me $20 to go to the dollar store and get a new pool. We were going to Walmart anyway and I decided to just get his pool there. Surely Walmart had twenty dollar pools, I thought.

And they do have twenty-dollar pools. But Dummy Me made the mistake of taking Andy to that particular aisle with me rather than letting him go with Daddy to the grocery aisles. Just as I was pulling the $20 pool off the shelves, his little eyes spied the slighty-more-than-twenty-dollar pools. More specifically, he spied a pool that had a sliding board in the shape of a whale.

"Mommy! Look at that pool! Look at that whale pool! I want that whale pool! That's my whale pool! I want to swim in my whale pool!"

The damn whale pool was NOT twenty dollars...

No comments: