Sunday, October 18, 2009

he's good. he's very good.

I am sick this weekend. I caught from Andy. It's a doozie. I feel rotten.

And all I want to do is lie in my Lazy Boy and be listless and sluggish. But Andy is incapable of leaving me alone. He is with me always. If I'm on the couch, he's pressed up against me. If I'm in bed, he's pressed up against me. And it's a wonderful thing 99% of the time, because I love having him next to me to cuddle. But when I'm achy and sore and snotty and miserable, it's not as enjoyable. Because he squirms. And kicks. And wants to poke me. And play with my hair. And ask me for more juice, and gummi bears, and anything else he craves. And he can't resist harassing Nugget which causes her to jump up on the furniture onto me. And it all just sucks.

So this morning I was sitting in my Lazy Boy in a stupor, trying to rest. And up comes Andy, of course. I asked him to sit on the couch with his dad but he refused. So I let him stay for a while. And inevitably he started to squirm and kick me and wrestle with Nugget and squeal in my ear.

And after admonishing him several times, I finally picked him up and put him on the floor and told him to go play.

Of course he immediately clouded up and stuck his lip out and said, "Why are you putting me on the floor, Mommy?"

I said, "Because Mommy is sick, Andy, and you are hurting me. I don't want you up here."

And I quote the little stinker when he said, "But I just want to be loved!"

No comments: